Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Injured :-(

Well I did something last Thursday in that Chizel-It class; and it wasn't good! I don't know what I did but it hurt like heck! The class is a combination of step, kickboxing, aerobics, and we also use weights. I was tired after Socabrobics and of course being at work all day and I think I was being too careless with the weights and over extended my upper back muscle.
It hurt to get in the car, to get out of the car, to brush my teeth, to brush my hair, to sit, to stand. I mean you really don't realize how much work your back has to do in a day. Forget trying to look over my shoulder while driving! It was so painful. I tried a few things including sleeping with a heating pad and nothing helped so I already had an appointment with my PCP (Primary Care Physician) and she gave me a Rx for Motrin :-/ whoomp whoomp whooomp (yeah, yeah, yeah I know!) oh well anyway it started to feel better that same day. She suggested I rest for 4-5 more days so I am off from my workouts until tomorrow.

While this may seem non-blog worthy; this is a biggie for me b/c I HATE to break a routine. Mostly because its a slippery slope for me one missed session can turn into 2 or 3 or 5 months. But I also know I have to be careful because I have overdone the exercise thing before and injured myself and took meds, wrapped it up, and kept it moving and that's not good either. I am 34 years old I aint no spring chicken!
I keep reminding myself that this leg of the journey is about balance. But the crazy part of me kept trying to fight back anytime anyone said "Yes you should rest" or "Don't kill yourself" I kept hearing "Yeah that's right don't exercise and stay just like you are" *insert evil laughter here* BUT I KNOW THE TRUTH so I suppressed that demon and rested.
Tonight I may go for a walk with my friend we are going to watch Part 2 of Whitney's interview on Oprah and of course tomorrow is Socarobics and Chizel It I may do the 3 lb weights and Saturday back to my trainer who was lurking on my facebook I think he misses me. :-/ Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment