Thursday, February 21, 2013

"I can resist anything except temptation."~ Oscar Wilde


Yesterday I had an interesting conversation with a friend about eating out and she has sooooo much more faith in me than I have in myself lol she made the wonderfully supportive point that I have overcome a lot in terms of my diet and exercise so I shouldn't deprive myself of going out (I was concerned about the whole dating and dieting thing)

She said I can do the right thing and make the right choices and if  I end up indulging I can get right back on the horse. I tried to explain to her eating is a slippery slope for me. But again she was a lot more supportive and encouraging than I was to myself. New guy..man he needs a code name...anyway he likes eating out and I am not opposed to eating out and trying new places and new things but I need more discipline.
Last night was a perfect example I went out with my sorors and we went to a local spot we all love the Artful Gourmet Bistro and I always have their lemon drop martini (ok or two) and their pasta dish called the  Michelangelo
Jumbo shrimp in vodka cream sauce with mushrooms and sundried tomatoes tossed with rigatoni pasta. It is a wonderful as it sounds! See picture below!
Artful's Michelangelo Yummm
Well by the time the night was all said and done I had the pasta, 2 lemondrop martinis and a slice of cake with a scoop of ice cream! :-(

As  Oscar Wilde wisely confessed ~ "I can resist anything except temptation."

That's why I keep my butt home when I am trying to go hard because I jump feet first and don't even think twice! Other folks had salads with lean meat! That's what I should have had! Some had A drink NOT 2! That's what I should have done! Some people did not have dessert! AGAIN that's what I should have done! SMH

What can I say... It bes like that sometimes!

Today's a new day! I did not get the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal I was thinking hard about having or the apple stuffed pastry they sell at work... so that's this morning's victory! I'll take it!

The weekend will be a little crazy I want to hit the gym, see new guy, go to a Soror's day party, I have an AKA matter on Sunday, and I still need to try and get in hot yoga again oh yeah and sleep!

I did cook and I have another Paleo post to share soon! This week I made jerk chicken breast, cabbage and eggplant, sweet sausage and peppers and onions, coconut crusted tapalia, and I made a big pot full of chicken and cilantro soup! Good stuff! I will check back soon! Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment