Sunday, May 12, 2013

Consequence is no coincidence

Consequence is no coincidence...

Consequence is no coincidence...

Lauryn Hill has been in my mind a lot lately. I am sure you've heard about her tax issues and all the other issues she's been dealing with over the years with her children's father. I swear that Marley boy broke her...I guess it hit me that she was so strong and secure and that album  really touched me and to be honest I still have her CD in my car! It just reminded me we have to be valiant about our happiness and mental health.

And health in general because it all ties together for me... I was up last week and again this week. But the line "Consequence is no coincidence..." Keeps ringing in my head because I have not been doing the right things. I've been doing what I want and then when the scale goes up I have the nerve to get disappointed. 

So all I can do is get it together. I went to the gym after my Weight Watchers meeting and I've set a new goal for myself to burn 500 calories every day....and I am not allowed to use facebook until I do! *gulp*  today was day 1! I remember seeing a workout cartoon that said if you have time to be on facebook you have time to workout. I spend hours  on facebook! So I need to adjust my sails on what's really important. So I'll keep you posted!

I'm upset and disappointed but I did take lunch a few days this week and I worked out after work on Thursday after a 2 hour commute. My goal will be to maximize my calories burned on Saturdays, Sundays,  and Mondays. 500 calories a day is 3,500 a week. As always food planning will be key! 

I also will work on mindful eating that was the Weight Watchers message. When I came home from the gym I cooked breakfast and had it at the dining room table without the TV being on. That's a first for me! Distracted eating causes over eating so no computers or TV during my meals. It will e a big adjustment but I felt the difference!  I made it through the chapter meeting and then went to the Flying Avocado and had a small vegan chili and Chicken Berry salad. I had company for half my lunch and that worked fine!   I'm claiming a GREAT weigh in next Saturday!

Well it's Saturday and I had a full day so I'm in for the night. Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment