Sunday, January 3, 2016

Recipes for success... Vision Boards, Smart point meals & second week thoughts

A few recipes since starting Smart Points for ya!

Breakfast:

Paleo inspire Scrambled Egg Muffins: 2points
Pros: Easy to prepare and a good grab and go option

6-8 eggs
Add any fillings you desire (green peppers, cooked bacon, ham, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, onions, spinach,
salt, pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 8 muffin cups or line with paper liners.


Beat eggs together in a large bowl. Mix ham, bell pepper, onion, salt, black pepper, and water into the beaten eggs. Pour egg mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.


Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are set in the middle, 18 to 20 minutes.








Flatout Bread Pizza 8 (really 9 points but I didn't use as much a recipe)

1 Lite Flatout bread Italian -2
1-2 tablespoons of Trader Joe pasta sauce -1
1/4 cup Six Cheese Italian shredded -3
15 pepperoni slices (25% reduced fat)-3
Bake on 350 for 15 minutes



Beef or Chicken soup- ~2 points 1.5 cups

Add chicken legs and/thighs or beef to a large pot

  • diced onions
  • 2 celery stalks, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
  • 4-6 garlic cloves, crushed
  • Half bag of baby carrots (chopped or boiled whole)
  1. Bring chicken, water, and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Reduce heat. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
  2.  Add carrots, small potatoes, or yams if desired. Simmer, partially covered, for 40 minutes
  3. Chicken- you can add cilantro for added flavor





Ok so hope those help! I will try some more new things and be sure to post them! I was looking around on my laptop and found some old Vision Boards. I have not done a Health and Fitness Vision Board for 2016. I went looking for the O Dream Board and can't find it. I emailed the Oprah.com help desk to see what happened. It was such a great tool for online vision/dream boards! I found another but I didn't like it so I will probably use powerpoint! But here are a few old ones I wanted to share to encourage you to take some time to think about your goals for 2016!








Its only day two of the second week but I am feeling good about Smart Points. I went shopping yesterday, made beef soup, and left some higher point items in the store. I'm really optimistic about my 2016 goals and feel inspired to create a new board this week! Hope you do too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment