Friday, October 12, 2012

Foodie post!

Ok so I was hit up about a few items I posted on facebook so I opted to do a blog post about it and rather than call it "What Getting Back On Track Looks Like" (like all the others) I figured I would call it Foodie post since I was no off track! *Bragging*

Ok here's for the recipes and reviews!

Recipe: Homemade Chicken Soup/Stew
1 Box of chicken broth
Celery
Red onions
Handful of Cilantro
4 Cho Cho/ choyate squash
4 pieces of chicken thighs ( you can use legs, or breast)
portabella mushrooms
fresh garlic
garlic powder
celery salt
a tablespoon of olive oil
and sea salt to taste

Boil all the ingredients together for about 1 hour on a store top on med/high heat. Done quick and easy! You can feel free to add more veggies like squash, sweet potatoes, eggplant, etc.




Recipe #2- Flatout bread Pizza! De-lish!


Flatout Bread is kinda like a tortilla pr wrap but it is lower in calories and carb counts than most tortillas and in my opinion it tastes a lot better


All you need is your Flatout Bread
Pasta sauce I used Prego but any will do! You only need about 2 Tablespoons worth
shredded cheese I prefer the Italian blend
Some pepperoni (turkey or the real thing)
and some garlic power and oregano
Back on 350 for about 10-15 minutes and done!

Foodie Review

Well good ole Chobani Greek yogurt has made a new type of item kinda like Fage. They call it Chobani Flip!


I got the only two flavors they had a Chocolate Chip raspberry and a Honey with banana.

I didn't LOVE either to be honest! They were just ok. I have a thing about mixed textures so the Chocolate chip with raspberry was not my speed. The raspberry had seeds and just didn't make for a pleasant experience IMO! But I like smooth yogurt. The Honey and banana was just ok. It was a different taste so the newness of the flavor was good but I don't think I will be beating the doors down for either again.

I still had the fullness that comes with a  Greek yogurt which was good but I would say its worth a try if you are bored wit the old flavors.

I also picked up the Yoplait Greek yogurt. Its only 100 calories so it saves you almost 50-60 from the Cho brand but has less protein and less taste. But again for the mix it up effect I wasn't mad at it!


 

Well that's all I got for now! If you try any of these out let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment