Sunday, November 27, 2011

Only 1 Pound: The Remix!

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and I am elated to report I did a good job! I went to visit with a Soror and another friend from grad school and had a good time and did not over do it! I did bring home leftovers for me and my sister and  also did a good job with that. 


My workouts have been on point as well. On Thanksgiving Day I went to the gym and did a 90 minute spinning class (OUCH). I skipped the Black Friday madness and stayed in all day until I treated myself to a massage! The best massage i;ve ever had and I had to take a minute to tell the woman when I get my Oprah money she has a job for life! She was so appreciative! As was I for the great service! It was just what I needed! Then I took my sister out to get  a mani/pedi with me and called it night. 


On Saturday I went back to my usual 9:30am spinning class that I've been MIA from for a while but had a great workout and I am headed out to the gym for an 8:30am spinning class, 9:30am Body Pump, and if I am up to it and 10:30am Body Combat class! Its been a minute since I had a 3 hour workout marathon but let's see what happens!


I also went to Weight Watchers yesterday! *GULP* Yes I did! I know but the fact of the matter is not going wouldn't help. I am up and I wont wallow in that fact I am just moving ahead. In fact there is some kind of partnership with Dr. Oz so I signed up for that!


My usually leader was away for the holiday and a new leader was there and she was sweet. I can't lie I was turned off when she said she lost 28 pounds to get to her goal weight. 28 pounds? Pluessseeee! But looking at my check in book... I am now 27 pounds away from my (recycled) goal weight. LOL So 28 pounds IS  a big deal! LOL Thank you ego check!


So I turned my attitude around and paid attention to the meeting. I took notes on my blackberry and added to the group discussion and it was a fruitful meeting. 


To end it she asked everyone to listen to a poem called Only One Pound. I already heard that poem and even posted it here so I got ready to walk out but the words were different! Here's the poem below! It's a good one! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'll check in again soon! My goal is still to lose 19 lbs by New years Eve and I need the support and accountability of you all to help me do that! What goals do you have on your list to achieve by the end of the year?







Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.) 

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

- Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment