Thursday, July 23, 2009

Only 1 Pound

Back from Alaska what a beautiful place. I only worked out 1 day in the gym but I did a lot of walking. My diet was decent a lot of seafood which was good. I weighed in and I am at the same 29 pounds loss as when I left. I am on week 25 (this Friday) so that's about 1 pound a week. In the past I would be upset but I am going to celebrate this 29 pounds b/c I remembered this poem!


If I ONLY Lost Just One Pound Each Week in 2009


By Valentine’s Day I’d be 6 pounds lighter!I’m telling you – I’m loving it!

By St. Patrick’s Day I’d be 11 pounds lighter!With the luck-o-the Irish I’ll make my goal!


By Easter I’d be 12 pounds lighter!I’d be a cuter bunny!


By Memorial Day I’d be 21 pounds lighter!Won’t let it rain on my parade!


By Flag Day I’d be 23 pounds lighter!Boy, could I wave my flag then!


By Independence Day I’d be 26 pounds lighter!That’s a neat declaration of independence from overeating!


By Labor Day I’d be 35 pounds lighter!What a wonderful reward for all my hard work!


By Columbus Day I’d be 41 pounds lighter!What a joy to discover what I can do!


By Halloween I’d be 43 pounds lighter!I didn’t think I’d have had a ghost of a chance!


By Thanksgiving I’d be 47 pounds lighter!I’d have so much to be thankful for!


By Christmas Eve I’d be 51 pounds lighter!


Talk about being merry!


By New Year’s Eve I’d be 52 pounds lighter!It’s not just a new year, it’s a NEW ME!!





My old Weight Watchers leader shared this with our class when some of us were upset that we ONLY lost 1 pound... 1 pound may not seem like a lot but in 1 year thats 52 pounds gone! For some of us that would surpass our weight loss goal so be encouraged 1 pound a week is a GREAT thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment