Friday, January 1, 2010

From Resolutions to Results


Happy New Year! Well 2009 is a wrap! A wrap I say! I had a great 2009 fitness wise. I set out last fall to lose weight and get in shape. I am not looking to be a size 2 or anything but I wanted to lose weight and get to a healthier size. Last January I was wearing a size 26/28 or 3XL last night I wore a (stretchy) size 14! Good stuff!

For as long as I can remember, every January I make a resolution to lose weight and exercise more. I tend to be a Type A personality and I think that is what led to my downfall in the past trying to do too much without leaving room for the depth of this battle. Last year I really began in December trying to just get my mind right and in January I began making small steps and going back to the gym , in August I got a personal trainer and rejoined Weight Watchers. I didn't jump in 110% in January. To get from Resolutions to Results for me meant pacing myself. I am not where I want to be but I am not where I was so that's a victory.

Well 2010 has a lot going on goal wise (1) Lose the last 30 pounds (2) do the Iron Girl (3) Get certified as a spinning teacher or for a Les Mills program

Looking forward to 2010's journey!!! 2009 ended on a good note I was blessed to visit The Bahamas and had a great time. I was able to visit Yoga Retreat and the whole vibe of that island was just surreal and calm. I'll plan a trip back soon.

Headed to the personal trainer. I managed to lose weight even with a sketchy workout schedule nothing much just 3 pounds or so but that's great. I am going to buckle down the next few weeks I am giving myself 2 months to lose the 30 pounds. If it takes 3 or 4 I won't be mad but my goal is to see this goal through as close to the 1 year mark as possible!

Thanks again for the support and a number of you have emailed me for advice or pep talks THE TIME IS NOW! JOIN ME! Here's to 2010!

Positive Thought

"Remember that all things are possible. Don't limit or censor your visions for the future. You must believe in yourself and believe that you are worthy. Keep all of your actions, dreams, goals, and desires in alignment with your life purpose. Decide what you really want your future to look like.Happy 2010, everyone !!"


2 comments:

  1. Go Cylia!! This is an amazing way to chronicle your journey as well as to stay motivated. Holding yourself accountable by inviting friends and family as your support system is definitely the way to go! I'm excited to hear about your results throughout the year. Good luck mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nikki!! Yeah when you know people are watching/rooting for you/counting on you it makes the journey more real! :-)

    ReplyDelete