Sunday, November 8, 2009

Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals


Goal setting has been the most important aspect of my journey...More than all the exercise I do or the number of Weight Watcher meetings I attend. The first step on this journey was to create

S.M.A.R.T. Goals.

S-Specific

M-manageable

A-attainable

R- realistic

T-time specific GOALS!


I began in the new year (cliche I know) setting some hard goals in terms of how much weight I wanted to lose. I said 100 pounds in a year by eating better and exercising more. I based that on 2 pounds a week which is considered a reasonable and safe pace. So that was my SMART goal. It was specific- 100 pounds loss, manageable-b/c it would be based on a healthy approach to weight loss, attainable-b/c it was a slow and steady pace, realistic- for the same reason its attainable, time specific- giving myself 1 year.


That was my big goal. I also set mini goals like the first 25 pounds. It was around that time I said it was time to go back to Weight Watchers b/c I enjoy the meetings for information and accounablility. I also added a personal trainer into my budget and the combo has really given me the edge I needed to kick it up.


I also set SMART goals anout working out and that helped as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment