Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NOLA...



Buffet at Court of Two Sisters

Well I am back from the Essence Music festival in New Orleans, Louisiana! It was an interesting trip to say the least lots of celebs and photo ops and food. But to be honest that was a once in a lifetime trip for me. Between the heat, humidity, the smells, the number of people, and the food I think a trip will suffice. I have a goal of visiting all 50 States by the time I am 50. So I am going to try and not double dip...

I did workout one day and it was a good workout 70 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weight lifting. The other day my workout was derailed by my roommate's asthma attack that resulted in an ambulance ride to the Tulane ER. All is well but that was a little scary 35 years and I've never been in an ambulance! But she is fine and was fine that day and evening.

Aside from that there was a lot of walking. I don't know how those chicks wore 5 inch heels it just aint worth it! For real...a/w I had an appointment with my personal trainer on Tuesday and I "forgot" well he didn't when I got to the gym it was on. I guess since I told him I gained 19 pounds back since April he hasn't seen me all that much but boy did I pay for it and you know what? I took it and liked it and didn't complain not one iota.

It was a hard workout a lot of work on the step he put as many as 6 risers on each side and I had to step up and down sometimes with weights.... There were no breaks I had to say ughhh I need water...and then I'd get right back on it. In looking at the pics from NOLA I can see the difference. Yeah the stuff still fits but not like before lol and to be real based on the food and likka I had some things I brought right before the trip didn't fit! No lie! I said something to my co-worker who went about being bloated from PMS and she was like well some of my stuff aint fitting right either we have been eating you know lol

Heffa lol but she was jusrt being honest.

Ahhh well it is really hard to eat right when you are away especially when the place is known for certain things that are not healthy. You feel like you got to try it! I'll do another entry of the food and drink madness at a later date.

Speaking of date....lol.... dating Mister is still going well. But it is really hard to live my kind of life and date and lose weight and exercise... all can be full time jobs in and of them selves! Like he's on vacay I just got back in town so of course we want to see each other. I made time for that and for the gym but then I also had a meeting and I had to miss it because I just cant do everything especially in 100 degree weather. Tonight he wants to go to the movies and I said yes but in reality I need to be at the gym and after the gym I'll be tired because I have to get up at 5am to get ready for work...what to do? what to do...I still don't know the answer to that. Food wise I am trying to get back on track its a challenge though because food is good and points are low! Yesterday I bought a rotisserie chicken for us to have for dinner with some mixed greens and fresh corn on the cob and red potatoes. A healthier alternative to eating out and that went well. I packed some up for lunch today and I bought some snacks like WW cakes and jello pudding because I've been craving chocolate and so I avoid the 7 point M&Ms I have have the jello instead. Small changes...big results...I am going to my WW meeting Saturday and taking Mister with me then off to the gym.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment