Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Back to basics. ..

Well yesterday I went back to the basics and busted out the measuring cups and old recipes!  I skipped T25 on Sunday because I was having a serious back ache in my upper back shoulder blade area.  You don't realize you have some muscles until they hurt! So I rested and popped a few pills and felt a lot better yesterday! I did the Total Body workout and man I felt the difference.  I was a lot faster and a lot stronger! Good stuff! I went shopping for more sources of protien because I want to go back to a more paleo inspired eating focus. I grabbed some steak, ground turkey, pork shoulders, chicken legs, thighs,  and salmon! I spent $80!!! It added up very quickly :-/ but I have to cut back on all the eating out. I can easily spend $40 on a meal so in the scheme of things it's not that bad!

 It's Tuesday which is Junior League night but I was sure to pack lunch and dinner. I will see how I feel about doing T25  tonight after i get home and report back! A/W I wanted to share the recipe below!

Egg muffins

2 eggs
1/2 cup water
Diced veggies (I used onions and spinach)
Mix in a bowl and pour into the muffin tin
 ( spray with cooking spray)
Diced Trader Joe chicken sausage (quick tip I microwaved them and then cut the meat out of the casing added them in muffin tin)
Baked for 20 minutes on 350°
Add shredded cheddar cheese if you desire

2 muffins are 118 calories 
6 grams fat 
9 grams protein
3 carbs

Great to grab and go and you can be as creative as possible in terms of the ingredients! !!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment