Friday, June 27, 2014

TGIF!!!!!

Where did the week go?! Man time flies! I have been slacking on the T25 workouts its been a super busy week and I am opting for an extra 25 minutes of sleep in the morning instead of exericse! Since we last met I did the following... Wednesday ~ Board Meeting Thursday~ I cooked some paleo inspired meals skipped workout and now its Friday. So no workout for two days I am not sure how the T25 program deals with that because life happens so my goal is to do Week 2 Alpha cycle Day 3 which is Speed 1.0 and I will double up and do Cardio too since on Saturday ~Cardio Sunday ~rest Monday ~ Total Body Circ. Its all off so I need to figure the best way to catch up and get back to Saturday being my Day 1. With all that said I am easing my way back into a Paleo eating plan. I mentioend Paleo before but sicne I am a bad blogger I don't have tags to make it easy to find. LOL So a quick run down about Paleo its a way of eating that focusing on how Cavemen/women would eat so its a healthier high protein, high fiber fruits/veggie way of eating eliminating dairy, wheat, processed food, and sugar! I love carbs and I am on the go a lot so I love processed foods for snack things like protein shakes, bars, pita chips, crackers, greek yogurt, etc. all a no no on Paleo! I surely feel better ie., less bloated etc on Paleo but I miss my dairy and my crunchy carb snacks! Well since I am easing back into it I did some shopping as I mentioned the other day and I found two ways to make homemade Paleo BBQ sauce I sorta combined them lol but let me just say the outcome was amazingggg!! As soon as the chicken and pork started baking you could smell it throughout the house! Its been ManFriend approved lol so here's the details! Enjoy and let me know how you like it! Paleo BBQ sauce: 1/2 cup of honey 2 cups tomato sauce 1/4 cup liquid smoke 1/4 mustard 1 tbsp all spice 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper 1 tbsp salt & pepper ** CLowe's extra A few sprinkles of: Trader Joe 21 Season salute, Garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt (I left out the all space and they recc'd gulten and/or organic but I went with what was at my supermarkert lol) First dish was the BBQ Chicken 3 Chickenlegs 3 chicken thighs Wash and place in pan cover chicken with sauce and wrap tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes then uncover and add sweet onions and continue to bake for 40 minutes.






Peach BBQ pork (I saw a great recipe for Peach BBQ pork kabobs on Nom Nom Paleo I didn't want to use my grill but liked the idea of what she was putting together) 1 pack of Pork shoulders. (I will be honest I thought these were cheap ribs lol they looks like spare ribs without the bone lol) 2 ripe peaches Trader Joe Coconut oil and cooking spray A grill (I used my George Foreman) Wash pork shoulder and cut into cubes and place in pan cover with some of the remaining BBQ sauce (from above) Save about 1/2 a cup of the left over BBQ sauce and cube one of the peaches add some honey and blend until smooth (I used my Nurtibullet)






 Take the other peach and slice and grill using the coconut oil place a small amount on a microwave safe plate and lightly coat the peach slices Add the peach bbq sauce to the pork that is already cooking (after 30 minutes) cook for another 20 minutes then add to crock pot and cook on high for 1-2 hours add grilled peaches. Voila! Both are sooooo good!!!!! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment