Saturday, December 18, 2010

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!

I had a real moment of denial in Weight Watchers this morning. As I said yesterday I was banking on 3 pounds based on a mid-week weigh in. Well I could have been bought for a dollar when I heard I was up 2.6 pounds! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! This is a new high, meaning I weigh more than I did 2 weeks ago when I went back! How is the possible? Wellllll let's go to the video tape....or my WW journal and well it tells the tale.

My first issue is that dang butter popcorn at work. I have no idea how many points it is. None. I had it 4 days this week. Second issue liquor. I had a good bit this week. White wine is now  points per 4 oz glass. I don't drink 4 oz of wine at a time m'kay? So when I went over the last week I was wayyyyy over. In fact somethings I just plain forgot I ate!

Even better were the things I actually did remember and even journaled but thought it was okay like the two (22 point) Chick fila milkshakes oh and the Oreo McFlurry. Then there was the evening out I talked about and I had a lot of finger food. A lot and then as we recall I had that brownie with ice cream and 2 more drinks. Ohhhh and then there was croissant I had Friday morning. :-/

I am just not sure how I got here...now not the 2.6 added pounds that I am clear on that (now) but the denial! I am really confused as to how I carried on like that this week (again) but thought I'd lose weight! I feel like getting Lawrence (once Larry) Fishboure to scream "WAKE UPPPPPP"in my ear!!!

Weirdddddddd isn't it?! So weird! Well I went back home with some clarity and made a sensible breakfast: 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 boiled egg, a sandwich round, and laughing cow cheese= 6 points.

I went to the gym and worked out with Charles for 1 hour and then did 15 minutes on the elliptical. I didn't feel like doing socarobics so I left. I had a snack- 3 mini slices of low fat cheddar- 3points and 10 seedless grapes- 0 points= 3points (Total= 9pts)

I had a community service project and it took a little longer than expected so I had a small bag of chips
4 points (Total=13 points)

I came home and had baked tilapia stuffed with crab meat -7pts and  veggie medley-2 points and 1/2 cup of rice and peas -4 points (Total =26 points) I have 7 left for the day.

I took a protein shake and an apple that I may have later.

I got to get on it this is not a game! I was so hyped to not be a new year's person but I am just playing games here! So Day 1 went well and I am calling it an early night and going to hit the gym tomorrow before we take my Mom out to brunch for her birthday. We are going to a champagne brunch and I need to earn some good points and plan what I will eat because I know what they offer. As an alternative I may just order from the menu and not leave myself open to that much temptation.

As Whitney Huston said "The forest is OVERRRRRR!" I gotta get back in the game for real for real. I re-upped my personal training sessions and I am tightening up. I am on it yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment