Thursday, December 9, 2010

A human life...

Well Day # 17 is here I got talked into joining a committee and they meet tonight at 6pm. My goal is to leave by 6:45 and go home or try and catch my trainer class at 7pm. Last night was Day #16 I did Body Combat and 15 minutes on Lippy before class. It was a good workout and I was glad I made it there and worked out. I'm more than 1/2 way to 30 days!
I was so sorry to hear about Elizabeth Edwards who passed away of breast cancer. And then poor Aretha Franklin 's diagnosis! It was kinda weird considering yesterday's post about my reason for getting my health together in 2009. We have all seen Aretha get bigger and bigger and look so unhealthy. I sometimes look at my old pictures and wonder why no one said anything. My mother always says she did and yeah in her own Jamaican way she would... like buying me a $700 treadmill in 2008 (lol) that was a big "HELLO" but your health is really just one of those things no one can make you realize anything. You have to "get it" on your own. That Ah Ha moment is the only way to break free and even then its a battle. No sooner than I get home I was hit with some tragic news about a good friend and soror and I am just again reminded life is too short.

"A human life is a story told by God." ~ Hans Christian Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment