Thursday, December 2, 2010

Like the Moon (& Jupiter) are shining just for me!

*singing* I feeeeeelll gooooddd!!

The title of today's post was adapted (without permission lol) from Mary J. Blige's last CD; a cut entitled "I Feel Good" the hook goes:

I feel good, like the moon is shinin just for me
tonight I'm fly as I can be
don't you try to bring me down though,
it's not like you could
I feel too damn good! say oooh
I feel too damn good! say oooh


I woke up feeling good today, a little more like myself, and I will credit it to the 10 straight days of exercise brought on by my 30 minute-30 day workout challenge. It makes a difference yall.

A/w I was reading an article on NPR yesterday about the affects of food on the brain and how it acts like a drug. They were explaining that overeating can create a desire to overeat even more and it is therefore drug like (click here ~~>) Overeating Like Drug Use Rewards The Brain.

I always have a love/hate relationship with these kinds of articles because rather than inspire people they tend to make people think oh poor me. Now I am not saying these are not valid concerns but ultimately what are you going to do about it? I know I have to workout harder and longer than most people. It is annoying and frustrating but what else can I do? So anytime something like this hits the news I always hunt down articles that remind me exercise is really the key. Here are a few articles on the importance & benefits of exercise How Much Should You Exercise , Weights Plus Walking , Water Aerobics. There are tons out there!

Anyway back to my point about feeling good. I read an article put out by the Mayo Clinic entitled Depression and anxiety: Exercise eases symptoms. While I am not "clinically" depressed I was feeling very low after the past 2 weeks and it just made me realize if exercise works for people who need medication then certainly it would works just as well for me! Some of the points the article makes about exercise are it helps by:

  • Releasing feel-good brain chemicals that may ease depression (neurotransmitters and endorphins)
  • Reducing immune system chemicals that can worsen depression
  • Taking your mind off worries. Exercise is a distraction that can get you away from the cycle of negative thoughts that feed anxiety and depression.
There are others but these three in particular I can say are true for me after a very emotionally rocky 2 weeks.  So needless to say when I was getting ready for work this morning and the news reporter commented on the planet Jupiter shining so bright beside the moon that many may mistake it for a star and I  thought of the Mary J song :-) hence the title of this post Like the Moon (& Jupiter) are shining just for me!
Coincidence? I think not!
:-)


Upper Right the cresant moon and just below a bright star-not the street light people! lol




A better picture of the Moon and Jupiter (shining just for me!)

This morning sky  made this bible verse pop into my head and I didn't know why but I kept thinking "Who am I that You are mindful of me"  I had to google it and found the actual words were in Psalm 8:4 and David asks "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"

In reading the whole thing I see why my bible study days paid off. Like David, I don't know why He cares but I am sure glad He does! 

1Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.
2From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praiseb
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
3When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
4what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
5You made him a little lower than the heavenly beingsc
and crowned him with glory and honor.
6You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:
7all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,
8the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.
9Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!


Have a good day yall! Ohhhh as you can see I am in blogging mode so I know I am posting often but its been kinda therapeutic for me and helpful in getting back on track. Thank you for all the emails, calls, text messages, and overall support!
PS The scale was back up 3 pounds :-( but I think that may have been the sushi and the soy sauce. But either way Saturday I'll weigh in and go from there!
Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment