Friday, December 31, 2010

My first Bikram Yoga Class

Well its 1:30pm on December 31, 2010 and everything on my 2010 To Do List was checked off after I took my first Hot Yoga class this morning! That's actually a little mind blowing. Oh this is from the classroom its on the glass door at Charm City Yoga! All true!


Charm City Yoga is great! Very welcoming atmosphere and there is an energy there. By doing yoga at my gym I forgot that Yoga is not just exercise...its deeper than that! I had that experience last Christmas when my Mom, sister, and I went to do a class at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat in The Bahamas. Great place I'll definitely go back to!


Anyyy wayyyy by being the procrastinator I am I put Hot Yoga off until today lol always testing limits lol and what a wonderful experience it was.Ok wait when I say wonderful I mean cleansing, challenging, intense, and freeing. There was a lot of stuff I needed to let go from 2010 and some things I needed to celebrate and the class was taught in such a way to do that. What an experience! I feel lighter although I am actually 2 pounds heavier lol but no worries! :-)

The teacher Steve Satta was great. He reminds me of Steve Ross the Yoga guy from TV! Love him! I purchased the 1 month new student unlimited pass which was only $40.00! Great deal plus I am going to do a 21 Day yoga challenge and I was not excited about doing that to a DVD being in a classroom is much much better!

During class I noticed someone from my former career life & law school and we spoke after class! It was a great boost because he told me I looked greaaaaat! I told him I lost weight about 80 pounds now, have less stress, and life is good! It was nice to catch up with him. He says he does the class from time to time!

A/w that was a great way to end the class! I also spoke to the teacher and told him how much I enjoyed it and would be back.

Hot Yoga -Done ✔ next up world domination! :-) I am proud of myself for for following through on this goal and not waiting until the new year! (by a day) lol

Well tonight the plan to to visit a Soror's church then go to a friends house for game night and bring in the new year! It'll be a good combo of what I need in 2011 a stronger spiritual walk and good friends and good times! Oh and I will be bringing Scattergories & Wii to put a beat down on them! A lil competition for 2011 won't hurt no body either! LOL Happy NEW YEAR ALL!! DREAM BIG!! See ya next year!

Dear 2010:
 In the words of Jay Z
"I came, I saw, I conquered...
Yall should be afraid of what I'm gonna do next!"

 My remix :-)


1 comment:

  1. Sivananda ashram Yoga retreat Bahamas offers advanced yoga teacher training course. Yoga teacher training offers proficiency in Hatha yoga, Bhakti yoga,Karma yoga,Raja Yoga,Vedanta philosophy and anatomy.advanced yoga teacher training

    ReplyDelete